The Ivy League is the world’s most famous association of universities in the northeastern United States. It includes eight of America’s oldest institutions of higher learning, most of which were founded before the United States gained independence.
For the first look at a prospective college, a private charter to the Ivy League would be an effective way. That also saves a lot of time if you don’t want to take a car for an interminably long trip. By traveling privately, you reduce time on the ground and get quality service, personalized menus on board, communication systems, and the ability to get to your destination without additional transfers or refueling.
Renting a private jet means you don’t have to share travel space between everyone’s bags and belongings on the way to your dream university. Instead, well-equipped business jets have ample luggage space, private bathrooms, free internet, and more.
More importantly, you can plan several separate trips to visit all 8 of the oldest Ivy League universities. The universities are considered the most sought-after higher education institutions globally and are distinguished by their academicism and elitism. So no matter in what order you want to explore the campuses, you are in complete control of your route.
Review the rankings of Ivy League schools to determine the best one.
1. Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The legendary Harvard University was founded in 1936 and is the oldest educational institution in the United States. It ranks second in the national ranking of universities and has the most extensive private book collection globally. A private flight to Cambridge allows you to explore Harvard University without having to transfer.
Book a private jet to Cambridge and land at one of the airports closest to you.
- Logan International Airport (BOS) in East Boston is 5.2 miles from downtown Cambridge and three miles from downtown Boston;
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) is 42.1 miles from Cambridge;
- Providence T. F. Green Airport (PVD) is 47.3 miles from Cambridge and 3.4 miles from Cranston;
- New Bedford Regional Airport (EWB) is 3 miles northwest of New Bedford and 49 from downtown Cambridge.
2. Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut
A private charter to New Haven is beautiful because of the local Yale University. It is famous for being the best drama school in the country and vital in other fields like medicine, math, English, engineering, and others.
Traveling by private jet charter New Haven you can choose to land at one of the following airports.
- Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN) in New Haven County is located 3 miles east of West Haven and 3.8 miles from New Haven;
- Sikorsky Memorial Airport (BDR) is 1.5 miles south of Stratford and 14 miles from downtown New Haven, CT;
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP) is 36 miles from New Haven;
- Westchester County Airport (HPN), which serves several counties like Fairfield County and Westchester County, is 43 miles from New Haven.
3. Princeton University in Princeton, New Jersey
Princeton University is one of the most famous and impressive in the Ivy League. Therefore, book a private jet to Princeton and get a great new experience at a prestigious U.S. university. Among the graduates, there are Nobel Prize winners, Olympic champions, and even American presidents.
By choosing to fly private jet charter Princeton, you are guaranteed a fast and safe journey to your destination.
- Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN) in West Trenton is located 5 miles northwest of Trenton and 10 miles from Princeton;
- Northeast Philadelphia Airport (PNE) is 8 miles northwest of Willingboro, located 26 miles from Princeton;
- New York Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is 35 miles from Princeton and 3 miles south of Newark;
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) that serves the Delaware Valley, is located 45 miles from Princeton and 6 miles southeast of Springfield.
4. University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania was founded in 1740 by Benjamin Franklin. Booking a private jet in Philadelphia is an excellent opportunity to experience the most international institution in the country. The university is remarkable because everyone has the opportunity to participate in exchange programs in more than 50 countries around the world.
Traveling by private jet charter Philadelphia, you can get to one of the following airports in the shortest possible time.
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) 5.8 miles southeast of Springfield and 7 miles from downtown Philadelphia;
- Northeast Philadelphia Airport (PNE) is 12 miles from downtown Philadelphia and 7 miles southeast of Willow Grove;
- Trenton-Mercer Airport (TTN) in Mercer County is 29 miles from Philadelphia and 5.6 miles northwest of Trenton;
- Wilmington Airport (Delaware) (ILG) in unincorporated New Castle County is 30 miles from Philadelphia and 5.6 miles southwest of Wilmington.
5. Columbia University in New York City
A private jet to New York City is a popular destination because of Columbia University in the city’s heart. It has the most prominent international student attendance of any other Ivy League university and substantial facilities.
Book a private jet to New York and touch down at one of the closest airports.
- New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA) at East Elmhurst is 8 miles from downtown New York and 1.6 miles southwest of College Point;
- New York Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is 8.7 miles from New York City and 3 miles south of Newark;
- As the main air gateway to North America, New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is 13 miles from New York City and 1.8 miles southwest of Springfield Gardens;
- Westchester County Airport (HPN) is 5 miles northwest of Port Chester and 29 miles from New York City.
6. Cornell University in Ithaca, New York
Cornell University is the largest institution of higher learning in the Ivy League. It’s surrounded by stunning natural beauty just outside of New York City and offers students a wide variety of academic programs. Plus, there’s a strong emphasis on outdoor recreation and extracurricular activities.
When traveling by private jet charter Ithaca, you can choose to use one of the following airports:
- Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport (ITH) in Tompkins County is 16 miles southwest of Cortland and 4 miles from Ithaca;
- Elmira Corning Regional Airport (ELM) is 6.5 miles from Elmira and about 28 miles from downtown Ithaca;
- Greater Binghamton Airport (BGM) is 30 miles from Ithaca and 8 miles northwest of Binghamton;
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) in Onondaga County is 5 miles northeast of Syracuse and 50 miles from downtown Ithaca.
7. Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire
Dartmouth College is a unique place that has discovered innovation in IT, particularly the BASIC programming language. It is home to one of the most prestigious business schools globally and a close-knit student body. So book a private jet to Hanover to get close to your dream university quickly and without a transfer.
With a private jet charter Hanover you can get to one of the following airports in the shortest possible time.
- Lebanon Municipal Airport (New Hampshire) (LEB) in Grafton County is 33 miles from Rutland and 5 miles from Hanover;
- Rutland-Southern Vermont Regional Airport (RUT) is 34 miles east of Queensbury and 35 miles to Hanover;
- Burlington International Airport (BTV) is 68 miles to Hanover and 9 miles east of Burlington;
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) is almost in the center of Manchester, 68 miles to Hanover.
8. Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island
Brown University actively practices an open curriculum, where students can choose their courses. It is also one of the most progressive in terms of gender, religion, and ethnicity. Plan a tour to the “happiest university” with a private charter Providence.
Book a private jet to Providence and land at one of the closest airports:
- Providence T. F. Green Airport (PVD) is 6 miles from downtown Providence and 3 miles south of Cranston;
- New Bedford Regional Airport (EWB) is 3.5 miles from downtown New Bedford in Bristol County and about 26 miles from Providence;
- Westerly State Airport (WST) in Washington County is 2.3 miles from Westerly and 38.5 miles from downtown Providence.
- Logan International Airport (BOS) is 2.4 miles southeast of Chelsea and 42.8 from downtown Providence.
Successful graduation from any Ivy League guarantees a successful career and demand in the international job market. This means not putting off the trip and sooner proceeding to choose the University of your Dreams. Traveling by private jet to the Ivy League will get you to each college or university in the shortest amount of time possible. To obtain a free quote, please use our online quoting tool, or call toll-free 1-877-281-3051.